Costa Rica’s world-class dentists have consistently surprised many of the U.S. and Canadian patients that have decided to take the plunge and come to have their procedures done. Savings in procedures can go up to a 70% of what you have to pay at home. Numerous happy patients have returned home with a renewed smile from the inside out.
In 2011, Costa Rica received 48,253 medical tourists, and 43% of them came for some type of dental work. These figures have steadily increased over the past few years.
We value your time and for this reason AMT will choose the most efficient facilities so as to make your procedure timely and efficient. Many dental clinics possess their own laboratory and have their own radiology departments saving you time and money.
The list of services that our dentists offer is very complete and include the following areas:
- Cosmetic Dentistry, which comprises all the procedures to enhance the aesthetics of your smile such as teeth whitening, crowns and porcelain veneers. Having a smile you can be proud of has never been so easy and affordable. Our dentists will ensure that you are completely happy with the results and the quality of work.
- General Dentistry, services including cleanings dental extractions and dental fillings. Basic dental work which goes a long way in the maintenance and overall oral health.
- Endodontics, the specialty which studies the inside of the tooth, the dental pulp. One of the most commonly known services in this area is the root canal therapy which is performed when the dental pulp has been either injured or infected. Root canal treatments can effectively remove impacted or stressed pulp to save your teeth.
- Oral Surgery, services are performed in the mouth and jaw area in order to treat diseases, injuries and defects. Some of the most practiced procedures include wisdom teeth surgery, bone grafts and sinus lift. Wisdom teeth surgery is one of the most common since third molars are usually at risk of impacting other teeth. Bone grafts procedures many times go hand-in-hand with dental implants, if a person does not have enough bone to hold the implant where the tooth was lost, a bone graft will use bone or bone-like materials to replace lost bone tissue in the jaw.
- Prosthodontics, this area of dentistry specializing supporting patients who have missing or deficient teeth. Including diagnosis, treatment, planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of oral functions, comfort and overall oral health.
- Peridontics, the specialty of dentistry that studies the supporting structures of teeth, diseases and special conditions that affects them. One of the most common conditions that affect gums and can have a great impact on oral health when left untreated is gingivitis, a periodontal disease produced by plaque. Some of the services include gum grafts, gum surgery and periodontal scaling.